Chi Phi Fraternity to join the Greek Community
Chi Phi Fraternity is offering the opportunity for men at Georgia State University – Atlanta campus to create a new fraternity and to be responsible for setting the standards and traditions that will last for years to come. “Chi Phi is looking for men with strong character, respect for positive traditions, high academic integrity, and a commitment to service and philanthropic work in the community,” said executive director Michael Azarian.
He further stated that potential members should be able to “balance between being social, holding campus leadership positions, and understanding the importance of giving back to their community.” Chi Phi is looking to build the type of chapter that the University and the Interfraternity Council (IFC) will be proud to have as part of the community and the quality men will want to join.
Additional facts of note include:
- Founded in 1824, Chi Phi is the oldest men’s social fraternity in North America
- Just as college admissions are ranked based on selectivity, so is Chi Phi – they are highly selective where they establish new groups
- Chi Phi is one of the only men’s fraternities that host a legislative conference for its members on a yearly basis: the Chi Phi Congress. The 2019 Congress will be held in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Various National Programming opportunities include Regional Leadership Alliances, Alphas and Thetas Academy, Regional Ritual Retreats, and others sponsored by Chi Phi Educational Trust
- The Educational Trust also awards over $100,000 to members annually in forms of academic scholarships and funding for educational travel and Chapter Programs
Chi Phi will be hosting recruitment events throughout the fall 2018 and spring 2019 semesters to establish the colony. For additional information, of if you are interested in joining, please visit their colony website.